ADRV9002 Dual SDR Transceiver
The highly integrated ADRV9002 transceiver operates from 30 MHz to 6 GHz and is capable of handling narrowband signals up to 40 MHz. It is ideally suited for use in portable and networking critical communications systems.
Analog Devices Launches High Dynamic Range RF Transceiver for Challenging Mission-Critical Communications Applications
Analog Devices, Inc.
(ADI) announced the first product in a new series of RF transceivers offering the highest dynamic range on the market and suitable for myriad commercial and military applications.
The high-performance ADRV9002 RF transceiver is ideal for mission-critical communications applications— such as first responder radios, private Long-Term Evolution (LTE) networks and satellite communications— where size, weight and power are key design considerations. The RF transceiver is the latest addition to ADI’s award-winning RadioVerse™ design and ecosystem.
“Mission-critical communications networks are essential to ensure our safety,” said Joe Barry, Vice President of the Wireless Communications Business Unit at Analog Devices. “The difficulty for these networks to decipher complex signals increases as the radio spectrum becomes more populated.
The ADRV9002 RF transceiver can correctly decode a signal in heavily congested spectrum. This helps customers develop radio platforms that are power and performance scalable across a broad range of commercial and military applications.”
ADRV9002 Transceiver IC Features and Benefits
- Offers best-in-class dynamic range and capable of deciphering wideband and challenging narrow band operations within a single device
- Operates from 30MHz to 6GHz
- Provides receiver dynamic range of -150dBc/Hz and a highly linear transmitter
- First radio transceiver designed to enable narrowband and traditional wideband signals from 12KHz to 40MHz
- Capable of handling voice, data and imaging or video signals
- Incorporates digital signal radio correction algorithms, AGC, DPD, frequency hopping and channel filtering
- Ability to dynamically adjust performance and power
Industry’s First High Performance Highly Integrated Transceiver that Operates From 30 MHz to 6 GHz
- 2 × 2 highly integrated (RF-to-digital) transceiver
- Two independent high performance on-chip RF LOs
- Scalable bandwidths from 12 kHz to 40 MHz per channel
- Independent user selectable data interfaces per channel
- User configurable serial LVDS or CMOS modes
- Separate flexible clocking PLL
- User selectable sample rate and clocking independent of the RF LOs and reference clock
- Integrated digital downconverters (DDC) for IF operation
- 128 taps programmable FIR on Tx and Rx
- Integrated user configurable initial/tracking calibration algorithms
- Incorporates ARM M4 to manage control
Advanced System Features
- Fast profile switching for dynamic data rates and sample rates
- Flexible power vs. performance power consumption modes within analog and digital circuits
- Monitor mode for system power/sleep mode optimization
- Multichip synchronization
- Fast frequency hopping
- Digital Predistortion for NB and WB waveforms
- Independent auxiliary system/control functions
Pricing and Availability
|Product||Availability||Price Each per 1,000 Units||Packaging|
|ADRV9002||Now||$257.40||12mm × 12 mm, 196-ball chip scale ball grid array|
ADI’s RadioVerse includes tools, design resources, and support to accelerate radio development timelines. The ecosystem includes rapid prototyping platforms, chip-level evaluation systems, reference designs, simulation tools, and development kits.
There is a resource of global network partners for design ideas and RF platforms, including reference designs and solution modules. Technology resources include HDL and full-system level software reference designs on GitHub, compatible FPGA development carriers, and chip-level evaluation systems.
- View the ADRV9002 product page, download data sheets and order samples: www.analog.com/ADRV9002
- Watch the ADRV9002 video: www.analog.com/adrv9002-video
- Learn more about ADI’s RadioVerse transceivers: www.analog.com/en/applications/technology/sdr-radioverse-pavilion-home.html
About Analog Devices
Analog Devices (Nasdaq: ADI) is a leading global high-performance analog technology company dedicated to solving the toughest engineering challenges. We enable our customers to interpret the world around us by intelligently bridging the physical and digital with unmatched technologies that sense, measure, power, connect and interpret. Visit http://www.analog.com
RadioVerse is a trademark of Analog Devices, Inc.