MARS Mod: FT-450D
New TX Freq range: 1.8 – 30 MHz
Part One: Electrical mod
- Disconnect the power form the radio.
- Remove the front panel & the large RF shield to access the CONTROL PCB.
- Locate the solder jumper JP4002 as shown in the attached photo.
- Use professional de-solder tools and technique to remove the solder and open the contacts.
- Reassemble the radio and power cord.
Part Two: System reset
- Press and hold [ATT/IPO], [NB], and [AGC] keys, while turning the radio on. “SMADJO” will be displayed on the LCD as the memory address at the lower right side of the display.
- Rotate the [DSP/SEL] knob CCW to show “TYPE” at the memory address on the display.
- Briefly, press the [F] key, and confirm the “F” icon lights. While the “F” icon is displayed, press the [NB] key. “t” will be displayed at the right end of the frequency display.
- Press and hold the [F] key for 3 seconds. A long beep will sound, the screen will clear and then the frequency will be displayed on the LCD. The procedure is complete.
NOTE: To return the radio to normal Ham Band mode, do procedure (1) and (2) as above, and then follow steps (3) and (4) below.
3. Briefly, press the [F] key, and confirm the “F” icon lights. While the “F” icon is displayed, turn the VFO knob to select “A” as displayed at the right end of the frequency display.
4. Press and hold the [F] key for 3 seconds. A long beep will sound, the screen will clear and then the frequency will be displayed on the LCD.
Verify the radio will transmit in the Amateur bands only. The procedure is complete.
Use of any Amateur Radio product outside of the Amateur band is at the users own risk, and no guarantee of compliance with specifications outside the Amateur bands is expressed or implied. The Limited Warranty does not cover damage caused by any attempt to modify an apparatus for out-of-Amateur-band operation, nor does the Limited Warranty cover damage to components that may result from out-of-Amateur-band use.
Easy DIY Antennas
|BNC Male Plug to 2X 4mm Dual Banana Female Jack Socket Binding Post RF Coax Coaxial Splitter||SMA TO N BNC UHF SMA RPSMA SO239 PL259 male female RF Connector Adapter Test Converter||115 cm 10 section telescopic antenna|