IC-7300 Firmware Update
How to Update Icom 7300 Firmware. If you have not yet updated the radio, or you have waited to see if its update brought a problem, A step-by-step guide with images on how to update the firmware.
How to Update Icom 7300 Firmware
What do you need:
1.- You must have an SD card between 2 and 32 GB (see radio manual).
2.- Download the firmware from the ICOM page
Format the SD card:
If you already have an SD card in use in the radio, skip this step.
If you are using the SD card for the first time, you will need to format it on the radio.
Insert the SD card into the radio slot.
To format it, press the “Menu” button on the front of the radio, then “SET” and then “SD Card” and finally “Format”. Then press the «YES» button.
Unmount the SD card and save the firmware file:
To unmount the SD card from the radio, press the “Menu” button on the front of the radio, then “SET” and then “SD Card”, “Unmount” and press “YES”
Unzip the .zip file you just downloaded.
On the SD card, create a directory called IC-7300 and save the .dat file in that directory.
Create backup of radio settings:
Put the SD card back into the radio.
Before updating the firmware, you need to make a backup of the radio settings, because these will be lost during the update. To do this, press the “Menu” button on the front of the radio, then “SET”, “SD Card”, “Save Setting”, “<< New File >>” and use a name for the file to be created. .
Update the firmware:
To update the firmware, press the “Menu” button on the front panel of the radio, then “SET”, “SD Card”, “Firmware update”.
Read the warnings on the screen carefully and press the “YES” button if you agree.
Choose the firmware version to update and keep the «YES» button pressed. The firmware will be updated and the radio will reboot.
Retrieve radio settings:
To retrieve the settings you have previously saved, press the “Menu” button on the front panel of the radio, then “SET”, “SD Card”, “Load Settings”, and choose the file with which you previously saved the settings. Of the radio. Then select “ALL”. You will need to restart the radio after recovering the settings.
That’s it, if you have followed the instructions correctly you will have updated the firmware to version 1.4.
IC-7300 Firmware Version 1.40
Update: 2021/02/26 Major changes
Changes from Version 1.30
[Spectrum scope is improved]
– A Scroll mode that can seamlessly change the displaying scope range, depending on the operating frequency, is added.
– A popup screen that displays when SPAN or EDGE change is added.
– The number of FIX EDGE memories is expanded to 4.
– Each band independently memorizes the Reference level.
– Improved the Scope function of the RS-BA1.
[Preset function is added for FT8 operation]
– A Preset function that can set each operation is added.
[Multi-function dial is enhanced]
– A Multi-function dial now works as a memory channel selector in the Memory mode.
– A Multi-function Menus Customization function is added.
– A function indicator for the Multi-function dial is added.
– A Front Key Customization function that can change the function of [VOX/BK-IN], [AUTOTUNE], [△], and [▽] is added.
– A MIC Key Customization function that can change the function of [UP] and [DOWN] is added.
– The Band Stacking Register window is added.
– While operating in the Data mode, the receive tone control is deactivated.
– The default setting of the CI-V USB Port is changed to “Unlink from [REMOTE].”
Refer to INFORMATION IC-7300 Version 1.40 for details.
The Scroll mode for the RS-BA1 Version 2 software will be added to Version 2.30.