icom 9700 programming software . The CS-9700 is a software application to setup the IC-9700 from your PC. These instructions shows system requirements and how to use the software.
- Operating System (OS)
Microsoft Windows 10 (32/64bit)
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32/64bit)*
* Except for Microsoft Windows RT.
Microsoft Windows 7 (32/64bit)
The instructions are based on using Microsoft Windows 10.
Select one of the following:
- USB Cable
USB Cable (Type A-B, user supplied)
USB Port (USB 1.1, 2.0, or 3.0 port)
- Memory card
SD card (user supplied)
A memory card reader or memory card slot is required for reading.
About an SD card
NOTE: The SD and SDHC cards are not supplied by Icom. (user supplied)
Icom has checked the compatibility with the following SD and SDHC cards.
(As of February 2019)
- Through the rest of this document, the SD card and SDHC card are simply called SD cards.
- The SD cards listed above are usable with the IC-9700, but their specifications are not guaranteed by Icom.
- To prevent data loss, you should first read the transceiver setting data into the CS-9700, or copy the setting data (ICF file) of the SD card to the PC, and read the data into the CS-9700. Then edit or enter new software parameters.
- Before editing or entering new data, make a backup file onto your PC. A backup file enables easy restoring even if the setting data is accidentally deleted.
- While reading or writing (uploading) the data with the USB cable, NEVER turn OFF the transceiver or the PC, and NEVER disconnect the USB cable. Otherwise, the data could be lost or deleted.
- While reading or writing the data to or from the SD card, NEVER remove the SD card or turn OFF the transceiver. Otherwise, the data could be corrupted or the SD card could be damaged.
USB driver installation
To use the USB cable between the transceiver and a PC, you must first install a USB driver.
The latest USB driver and installation guide can be downloaded from “Options” section towards the bottom of the firmware page on the Icom website.
Carefully read the guide, before installing the driver