MFJ-1234B RigPi2 updated
MFJ-1234B RigPi2 New Features
Introducing RigPi 2, a major upgrade to the popular MFJ-1234 RigPi Remote Station Server. The new RigPi 2 image uses the latest Buster operating system compatible with the Raspberry Pi 4B and 3B+.
Loaded with over 30 major new features and updates, RigPi 2 provides remote CW keying over the Internet, support for over 27 new radios, PTT and frequency control from the Contour Shuttle controller and Flic Bluetooth switches, antenna switching, and power amp control. Connect a web cam to RigPi and watch your radio in the RigPi browser on your phone or tablet.
- Raspbian Buster operating system, compatible with Raspberry Pi 4B and earlier.
- Remote near real-time Internet CW Keyer.
- Over 27 new radios and numerous fixes added with updated Hamlib 4.0.
- Security improvements, including addition of Fail2ban to prevent intrusion.
- Support for Flic remote switch (PTT, Power On/Off, Relay control).
- Slave port, using Kenwood CAT commands, for controlling SteppIR antennas, compatible power amplifiers and Kenwood radios.
- Control the Ameritron RCS-12 Automatic Antenna Switch or other antenna switches and power amplifiers (requires special cable).
- Control 8 on/off relays with macros or interactive LED graphics.
- 128 programmable Macros, 4 banks of 32.
- RigPi Video to watch your radio when operating remotely.
- Support for Contour ShuttleXpress multimedia controller to control RigPi frequency and PTT.
MFJ-1234B Rig-Pi 2 Plus many more new and improved features.
- 1. RigPi on PC browser controlling a radio
2. RigPi Tuner tablet window
3. RigPi Tuner tablet window showing video rig monitor.
4. RigPi Tuner on mobile phone.
Complete list of new MFJ-1234B Rig-Pi 2 features
- • Raspbian Buster operating system, compatible with Raspberry Pi 4 Model B and earlier.
• New settings for hardware, CAT and custom PTT control.
• Tap PTT or spacebar to transmit, tap again to receive.
• Autorepeat for Tuning Knob +/- buttons.
• Lock Tuning Knob button.
• “Connect Radio” on Tuner turns on radio (supported radios only).
• Now use long ID name for devices, better than USB ID for ambiguous connections.
• Remote CW Keyer.
• Settable PTT delay to remove noise at the beginning of a transmission.
• Macro stacking (more than one macro in each definition) fixed.
• Save/Restore Macros, Macro sharing.
• Access level permission to use PTT.
• Over 27 new radios and numerous fixes added with updated Hamlib 4.0.
• Security improvements, including addition of Fail2ban.
• Auto update Raspbian files.
• Auto expand image to fill SD card.
• Bug fixes when adding more than 3-4 users, rotor control and METER setting for transmit meter.
• Hardware PTT for WSJT-X when radio requires it to switch audio paths.
• New PTT On and PTT Off macros for controlling a power switch.
• Support for Flic remote switch (PTT, Power On/Off, Relay control)
• Slave port, using Kenwood CAT commands, for controlling SteppIR antennas, compatible power amplifiers and Kenwood radios.
• Control the Ameritron RCS-12 Automatic Antenna Switch or other antenna switches (requires special cable).
• Control 8 on/off devices with macros (requires special cable).
• Control 8 on/off relays with macros or LED graphics.
• Detailed radio, rotor and RigPi access logging.
• 128 Macros, 4 banks of 32.
• New easy-access Macro button layout.
• RigPi Video to watch your radio when operating remotely.
• Support for Contour ShuttleXpress multimedia controller to control RigPi frequency and PTT.
• Improved operation with CommCat Mobile for iOS including direct radio macros.
• Sliders for AF, RF, Power and Mic levels.
• Slider for setting CW speed.
• Additional meter readings for transmit.
• Updated Help.
RigPi 2 is available for download from the MFJ web site, https://mfjenterprises.com/collections/rigpi.
UVIYN Hotspot MMDVM
UHF/VHF WIFI LCD Digital Hotspot MMDVM Support DMR P25 YSF QSO Built in Battery (with Display)
DXIYN UV Wifi Repeater MMDVM
DXIYN UV Wifi Repeater Function Digital Hotsopt MMDVM + LCD display built in 2000mah 18650 Battery | jumbospotl7.blogspot.com
MFJ Born in the U.S.A.
Does it matter?
I was not born in the USA, but I am an American citizen. My dad served twenty-two years in the US military and ultimately gave his life for his country way too early for me. But he was proud of his service even in the volatile Vietnam years. And I certainly was proud of him, my hero.
Does it matter if we think “Buy US first?” I remember many small towns had signs that said “Shop Small Town First!” I think these days it does matter about buying small town and American first. MFJ doesn’t manufacture everything we sell in our plants, but over 75% of our product line is. We can’t say it is 100% American made but it is as close as it gets in ham radio circles. We employ American workers who build with their own hands our American engineered and manufactured finished goods.
Not many amateur radio businesses can say that. I am not hating. They built their business one way and we built ours the old fashioned way. From the ground up, on American soil, with American hands and as many American made parts that we can. So when it comes down to American made or foreign made, you can make your own choice.
If it does matter to you, know that MFJ is right here in Starkville, Mississippi with over 150 of its finest folks trying to make most of your ham radio gear right here on the grains of true U.S. soil. May God continue to Bless America!