Impressive a radio in this price range has upgradeable firmware
TYT TH-UV88 Firmware Update
A programming cable and a PC running Windows is needed for installation. The only change in this update is the scan fix, so if scan is not something you need or use, you do not need to install the update.
How to Installing the Firmware
- Download the firmware update and extract the contents of the .zip file into a folder.
- Connect the radio to your PC using the programming cable.
- With the radio OFF, hold down the PTT button AND the top programmable side key (P1) while turning on the radio. Depending on your radio version the indicator light will be steady green or red to indicate the firmware is ready to update.
- Double-click the file named UV88_98_UpData.exe to launch the TYT firmware update tool.
- In the update tool, choose UV88 for the Model and 57600 for the Baud Rate. Also select the Port that corresponds to your programming cable.
- Click Open and select the file UV88_Eng_BQ1_25_20200430.hex, which was included in the .zip file.
- Click the Updata button to perform the firmware update.
- If an error occurs during the update, do not turn off the radio. Instead, close and restart the software, then click the Reset! button in the software. After the reset, try the update again.